- Through the MyToyota App (or through the MyToyota Portal) you can check the latest location of your Toyota vehicle. Based on the model of your Toyota vehicle, the location is retrieved based on the last geolocation data point received from your Toyota vehicle at the time you last switched off the ignition of your Toyota vehicle or live location.
- You may visualise the parked location of your Toyota vehicle on a map, together with the location address (if available) and time the vehicle was left at that location. You may activate navigation to guide you to your Toyota vehicle (seeing the route, distance and walking time to your Toyota vehicle) through your MyToyota Account or through other applications (for example, Apple Maps, Google Maps, etc.).
- In case your Toyota vehicle is equipped with a device allowing access and use of the Internet Access Service, the location of your Toyota vehicle is transmitted frequently while driving, allowing you to share your vehicle’s live location with others. Setting a shared live location allows you to select the contact persons with whom you wish to share your location and for how long. Your social media ID may be used to enable this feature.
- In case your Toyota vehicle is equipped with a connected in-car navigation unit, you can design your journey as you wish on the MyToyota App and then send it to your Toyota vehicle. You may set an intended start time or target arrival time. The route calculation will predict the likely traffic conditions at that time and indicate the travel time accordingly. You can review the trips you have sent, edit them and resend them to your Toyota vehicle. You can add optional locations of interest to you on your way to your destination. Additional information on the connection and operation of your in-car navigation unit is available in the user manual of your Toyota vehicle or on the MyToyota Portal.
- In case your Toyota vehicle is equipped with a connected in-car navigation unit, the MyToyota App will suggest to guide you to the destination that you have set in your in-car navigation after you have left the vehicle. This service is based on the difference between the location of your destination and the location of your parked Toyota vehicle. In other words, if you were unable to park your Toyota vehicle close to the destination you had set in your navigation, you may resume your guidance through the MyToyota App to reach your final destination (for example, on foot). You may optionally resume your navigation from other mobile applications. We will process the location of your final destination location and that of your (parked) Toyota vehicle. Additional information on the connection and operation of your in-car navigation unit is available in the user manual of your Toyota vehicle or on the MyToyota Portal.
- You can consult through the MyToyota App (or through the MyToyota Portal) records of your driving style / behaviour based on geolocation data, gyro- and G-sensors, mileage and fuel consumption data. Those records will be made available per trip. You may mark each individual trip as either “Private” or “Business” and generate a report where you can see events such as, for example, hard braking and hard acceleration, with their time and location.
- Based on your Toyota vehicle’s mileage data, we will notify you of upcoming maintenance or service due instances. Those reminders are organised in your country of subscription to the Services and may vary in availability and/or accuracy. When receiving a reminder you will be able to set an appointment with an Authorised Retailer of your choice. We recommend that you identify your preferred Authorised Retailer through your MyToyota Account. In case you would miss a first reminder, we may send you a second reminder.
- You remain responsible to present your Toyota vehicle for maintenance or servicing at the required intervals. The fact that we provide this service and notify the related reminders does not release you from that responsibility.
- Depending on the connected car device which your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, the MyToyota App will display the state of charge of your 12-volt starter battery. In case the state of charge decreases to a level that may prevent your Toyota vehicle from starting, a warning message will be displayed on the MyToyota App.
- This service will be available depending on the type of connected car device that is installed in your Toyota vehicle. If this service is available with respect to your Toyota vehicle, certain sensors related to the connected car device will monitor impacts on your Toyota vehicle. If an impact exceeds a predefined severity threshold, we will be notified of that impact. Such “crash”-related information may be shared with your local Toyota Roadside Assistance (RSA) company who may contact you to offer assistance, based on the severity details of your crash data and based on their local policies. The RSA will contact you using your personal data accessible from your MyToyota Account. Emergency contact persons (if any) indicated in your MyToyota Account may also be contacted depending on the local RSA’s policy. If the RSA cannot reach you (for example, because you would not be able to respond) or your emergency contact persons, the RSA may, depending on their local policy and the severity of the crash, involve emergency assistance or the police. You and your emergency contacts always have the possibility to accept or decline the assistance provided by the RSA.
- We do not offer any guarantee as to the availability or the quality of any form of emergency assistance that we may provide to you. Neither the RSA nor TME may be held liable for any failure to involve emergency assistance or the police or for any delay or error in doing so.
- In certain circumstances, the mandatory emergency call functionality will be activated: Please note that your Toyota vehicle will automatically notify emergency services in the country where your Toyota vehicle is located in case of a crash triggering an airbag deployment. This is regulated by EU regulation on “eCall” (Regulation (EU) 2015/758 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 29 April 2015) or its local equivalent outside the European Union, where applicable.
- Depending on the connected car device which your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, the MyToyota App may alert you on certain warning signals displayed in your Toyota vehicle. These warning signals mirror, but do not replace, the warning lights displayed in your Toyota vehicle’s dashboard / combi-meter. You remain as a driver at all times responsible to act on the warning lights in your Toyota vehicle.
- These warning signals will be communicated to the Toyota network to provide you with support and to assist you if a repair is needed. Through the consent given to Toyota and MyToyota App, you will be given the possibility to decide whether you would like to be contacted or not. Please note that Toyota and the Toyota Network does not offer any guarantee as to contact you proactively in case of a Warning Light, as this service depends greatly on your region, availability and coverage. In case of a Warning alert, please always follow the instructions in the Owner Manual for specific guidance.
- Depending on the connected car device which your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, the MyToyota App will display the level of fuel available in the tank of your Toyota vehicle. The remaining fuel level is expressed in percentage of the total fuel capacity. The indicated fuel level is based on the last fuel gauge sensor data received from your Toyota vehicle at the time you last switched off the ignition. As a result, there might be discrepancy between the fuel level indicated on the MyT App and the fuel level indicated on the instrument panel of your Toyota vehicle. Marginal discrepancy could also occur, depending on the environment your Toyota vehicle is parked in (for example outside temperature, declivity…). You should always refer to the indication of the fuel gauge on the instrument panel of your Toyota vehicle, and Toyota does not accept any responsibility in case of incomplete or inaccurate information shown in the MyT App.
- This service will you allow to consult through the MyToyota App records of your hybrid drive performance based on key hybrid indicators (EV time and hybrid driver score).
- Those records will be made available per trip. Each trip is mapped highlighting your EV drive as well as behavior events (acceleration, braking and constant speed) which are linked to a contextualized coaching to help you to reduce your fuel consumption. You can also access your aggregated data and easily track the evolution of your hybrid drive performance over time.
Depending on the connected car device your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, the MyToyota App will display the battery level and remaining range of your plug-in hybrid or your electric vehicle.
The remaining range is indicated in km but might differ from the range displayed in the car. Always refer to the indication of the battery on the instrument panel of your Toyota vehicle.
Toyota does not accept any responsibility in case of incomplete or inaccurate information shown in the MyT App. Additionally, this service allows you to remotely schedule a charging session for your car.
Depending on the connected car device your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, you will be able to remotely pre-heat or pre-cool your vehicle via the MyToyota App. Based on your vehicle model, you may also be able to remotely set a desired temperature, start the defroster of your front or rear windshield, as well as set one or multiple schedule(s) for pre-heating or cooling of your car.
When using the Remote Control services, please ensure that:-
- The vehicle is fully immobilised, and you have checked the safety of the vehicle’s surroundings. Make sure there are no people or animals inside the vehicle.
- Do not operate the system if the bonnet is open or when the vehicle is parked indoors without ventilation.
- Use this service only when necessary. Please be respectful of the environment and minimise any excessive noise or air pollution.
Please always respect the local and national laws, which could restrict the use of these services in your area (for example: some municipalities and natural parks).
- The Toyota Charging Network may give you access to one of the largest pan-european charging networks. You will be able to search for charging stations and see details of each charging station such as real-time availability, charging speed and plug types.
- Upon subscription, you additionally can see the prices for charging, you can unlock a charging station with your App or RFID card and start a charging session. You will receive a monthly invoice for all charging sessions at the end of each month.
- We may use external partners to provide you with this service, and some personal data such as VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), User ID, Contract ID and Start Date will be transferred to our partners. The Toyota Charging Network is provided in collaboration with our technical partners and are subject to additional Terms and Conditions and Privacy Notice, accessible at [https://www.Toyota-Charging-Network.eu (for TOYOTA) / https://www.lexus-charging-network.eu/web/lexus-global (for LEXUS)].
- Usage Based Insurance (UBI) and Full Hybrid Insurance (FHI) are motor insurance products provided by an insurance company via Toyota Insurance Management SE where the insurance premium is based on driving data generated by the policyholder and any drivers, based on acceleration, braking, speeding and cornering.
- Upon subscription to UBI or FHI, the necessary driving data will be sent to the insurer, in the role of controller of the data, to fulfil the contract.
- The UBI and FHI contracts are separate products from MyT that can be subscribed with an insurer via the intermediary Toyota Insurance Management SE and are subject to specific terms and conditions accepted at the moment of subscription.
- Upon subscription of to the UBI or FHI contracts, the status of the trips, together with the driving score calculated, will be available in MyT. For the clarity of doubt, the visualisation feature is a separate service which is completely optional and does not impact the validity or use of the UBI or FHI contract, which can be enjoyed without the use of the MyT app or a MyT account. For further information please visit link.
Through the MyToyota App you can instantly check the status of your vehicle. Depending on the connected car device your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, the MyToyota App will display the different statuses of your vehicle’s doors, windows, sunroof, boot, lights, as well as the Smart Key being left inside the car.
You may receive a push notification 4 minutes after the ignition is turned off. This is to inform you if anything is out of the ordinary regarding the status of the car (the push notification function must be enabled in your smartphone settings). You may receive one or multiple of the following notifications:
- Windows open (one or multiple windows are open)
- Doors unlocked (if any of the doors are unlocked)
- Sliding roof open (if the sliding roof is open)
- Lights on (if head lamps or tail lamps are still on)
Depending on the connected car device your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, you can remotely lock or unlock your vehicle through the MyToyota App with just a few clicks.
Please note that you will not be able to lock the car if:
- Any of the doors are open
- Smart Key is inside the car
- Car Alarm is set
- Car was locked with key
In all of these cases, the lock button is disabled
When using the lock feature, please make sure no children, vulnerable people or pets are locked inside the car unattended. Any of these left inside of a hot vehicle may suffer heatstroke, dehydration or hypothermia, which could result in death or serious injury. Toyota will not be held liable for any material loss, damage or accidents while this vehicle is locked. The user assumes all risks and liability from locking this vehicle.
When using the unlock feature, please be aware that this could potentially lead to unauthorised access to this vehicle. Toyota will not be held liable for any material loss, damage or accidents while this vehicle is unlocked. The user assumes all risks and liability from unlocking this vehicle.
Depending on the connected car device your Toyota vehicle is equipped with, you may have a simple way to spot your vehicle in a crowded car park. Use the Car Spotter function and the hazard lights switch on remotely to help you locate your vehicle. Hazard lights are activated for a duration of 30 seconds. After 30 seconds, you can initiate them again.