What do I need to know?
Following the correct maintenance and oil change program is essential for your Toyota engine to achieve a long and reliable life. Here’s the most important things you should remember:
- Our latest WW diesel engines calculate when an oil change is required;
- You’ll be notified via the dashboard combimeter display when maintenance is due;
- If maintenance is not carried out as indicated, it can lead to engine damage that’s not covered by the Toyota warranty.
How are maintenance intervals calculated?
The appropriate maintenance interval is calculated based on your vehicle’s average speed and fuel consumption:
- Calculations estimate when the maximum soot/waste product levels are reached in the engine’s oil;
- Once this level is reached the engine oil must be changed;
- Intervals will vary depending on your driving style.
When should my oil be replaced?
An oil change is mandatory after one of the following situations:
- The engine oil maintenance message appears;
- After a maximum of 20,000km (10,000km for some regions, please refer to the Maintenance Schedule with your vehicle);
- After 12 months of use.
For optimum engine performance we recommend that you proceed with all future oil change maintenance as indicated on your dashboard combimeter display.
What information is shown on my vehicle’s display?
Depending on the Toyota model you own, one of two styles of information will be displayed within your car’s information system.