How did LinkedIn proceed?
First, the methodology they developed carefully weighs 7 pillars, all elements of which research shows they signal career progression inside a company.
Next, LinkedIn analysed the exclusive data from the career paths of millions of professionals. In other words, they matched research on what it means to build a great career to unique LinkedIn data, and the result of all that balancing is this list of 25 top companies for Belgium.
Carefully weighing 7 criteria for career progression
1. Ability to advance: Tracks how employees get promoted both at the company and when they land a new position externally, based on standardized job titles.
2. Skills growth: Looks at how employees across the company are gaining skills while employed at the company, using standardized LinkedIn skills.
3. Company stability: Tracks staff turnover over the past year, as well as the percentage of employees that stay at the company at least three years.
4. External opportunity: Looks at Recruiter outreach across employees at the company.
5. Company affinity: Tracks LinkedIn connection volume among employees, controlled for company size, as a means to measure how supportive a company’s culture is.
6. Gender diversity: Measures gender parity within a company and its subsidiaries.
7. Educational background: Examines the variety of educational attainment among employees, from no degree up to Ph.D. levels, reflecting a commitment to recruiting a wide range of professionals.
As a company, we are working very hard to further increase our results in all of the above categories to provide the best possible environment for all of our talented employees. A culture built on Curiosity, Creativity, Collaboration, Coaching and Courage aims at supporting a successful transformation to a mobility company.